View Single Post
Old 25th December 2018, 10:32   #20  |  Link
abolibibelot

Thanks a lot for this ! (I had yet another completely unexpected issue to solve in the mean time...)

Apparently the script works with Prune x86/32b. But I'm using it on lossless exports of already processed videos, so it's a much lighter workload, perhaps that's why.
To use it with Prune x64/64b, I would have to use AVSPMod in 64b too, right ? I had an issue when trying to export some of the files processed with FrameSurgeon / Morph + DePanStabilize, using VirtualDub2 32b, which was solved by enabling the “LAA” feature. Someone suggested using Avisynth+ in 64b and VirtualDub2 in 64b, but that would have required all the filters to work in 64b, and I found out that ClipClop and Prune were only available in 32b. I won't need it now (again, it worked with VD2 32b and “LAA” enabled, and anyway I removed DePanStabilize later on which significantly reduced the memory usage), but now that Prune is available in 64b, just adding ClipClop 64b would allow to use FrameSurgeon in 64b.

And thank you again because without those little wonders of yours I'd never have been able to complete this nightmare of a movie (I've started working on it in March 2016 !).
I have yet to decide if I want to try improving the part with the backlight issue... I have experimented many combinations of settings, with Levels / Autolevels / Autoadjust / SmoothAdjust / HDRAGC / SGradation... It certainly improved a lot compared with the raw footage, but I can't get it quite right, and it's especially difficult to find a combination which works well in all parts, while the exposure changes wildly in a matter of seconds, depending on where the camara was pointed relative to the window, and trying to adapt the settings to each change is atrociously tedious and mind-numbing. (Sometimes, when working on it for a while, it seemed quite fine with some particular settings, then I did something else and came back 20 minutes later... and it looked awful ! As Mark Twain wrote, “you can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus”.)
abolibibelot is offline   Reply With Quote