View Single Post
Old 21st September 2009, 23:08   #1001  |  Link
carlmart
Carlos Martinez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Are you sure you have selected FIRST 'Preferences'/'AudioVideo'/'Video Standard' (as NTSC) and THEN you load your input title?
Oh, that was it! OK. Thanks.

Quote:
A 1.66 letterboxed to 4:3 DAR DVD should be kept as it is because that does not involve any re-encoding, while going to 16:9 does. Remember that every time you re-encode, you loose quality. I think you can always adjust your plasma screen DAR settings without much pain.
Re-encoding can and can not be bad. I do tests before carrying on with it. For this film I did just what you suggest: using the TV zoom settings, which lost me the subtitles, and the DVD zoom capability (which I never used), that kept the sub positions but changed the aspect ratio, cropping things away.

But a clever use of avisynth tools is allowring me to do great quality resizings.

Quote:
I would not give you a ready-to-copy AviSynth script. I would like you to play a little bit with AviSynth (basic) functions to write a working script by yourself. Don't be lazy, my friend! Just try, I can assure that your satisfaction will be great.
In my case it's not laziness, but ignorance. In any case, didn't you read my note above on how I solved the resizing issue? It works like a charm.
carlmart is offline   Reply With Quote