View Single Post
Old 28th August 2017, 18:26   #77  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryX View Post
lansing, I'll repeat a similar comment I made to someone else before. If you're just here to tear things apart, you're wasting your time.

If you don't find personal use for this, then just let us do our work.

If you have constructive feedback on how to make things better, of can pin-point flaws, then we're all ears. Just try to keep a constructive attitude instead of trying to tear things down.

I posted comparison of mClean vs KNLMeans here. Sure, most of the image doesn't have much noise but the leather and some of the textures have. It's actually a good test for detail preservation: a mix of no-noise with light-noise.
I'm commenting because you are misleading the OP by giving him false feedback. You are the one that's hijacking his post by using his script on your own filter, when you were told multiple times not to.

Your link about the comparison between OP's script and KNLMeansCL is one example of your false feedback. Your screenshots clearly showed that KNLMeansCL is better, it's removing noise while really not touching anything on the image. On the other hand, mClean, having smdegrain being the core, is exerting the flaws of smdegrain as expected, that is removing details on motion areas, the problem was clearly shown on the losing details of the leather jacket. And yet in your conclusion of the post, you talked as if mClean came out to be the better one, which is completely wrong.
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote