View Single Post
Old 16th February 2015, 22:37   #6  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noee View Post
Nice so far. Maybe put a link in for madshi's write-up of profiles. You might also add a section for filename tokens.
A Profiles link is easy, a second link to madshi's "(click here for online help)" couldn't hurt.

filename tokens really should be there, they need more documentation. I am having trouble finding a good list of possible tokens though. Does anyone have such a list?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
the calibration is not limited to 3d LUT. and you completely skipped color & gamma. the gamma setting is very useful for rooms with changing light conditions.
I figured those did not need further explanation. madshi's descriptions seem sufficient if you know what color gamut and gamma are or are used to messing with them. I did not want to have to explain all these concepts for those who do not. I actually had a few lines about color & gamma but deleted the section as it did not say anything helpful (i.e. "you can use this section to mess with color and gamma").

I will add a note about this display is already calibrated and disable GPU gamma ramps. If there is anything in particular you think I should mention please let me know!

edit: I thought of something to write about for color & gamma, e.g. your mention of gamma setting being useful for lighting conditions.

Last edited by Asmodian; 17th February 2015 at 00:28.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote