Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 1st October 2018, 18:58   #649  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorBry View Post
I see FFMPEG supports capture over BMD Decklink:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Capture/Blackmagic

Maybe worth looking into as an alternative if you are familiar with FFMPEG. I don't know how feasible it would be to capture and encode to x265, tone mapping included, as a single command operation. You'd have to research the subject and test.
x265 by it self is very doable(CPU Only), I've done it on my Skylake CPU(Quad Core).

I used the following Codec, Which works in VD2(It's like the x264 Codec): https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpx.../x265vfw_v280/

As for FFMPEG, It's kind of doable from what I understand, but you are likely to run into Framedrops due to the Tonemapping + x265 at the same time. It would be very useful to split it up the process on multiple GPU's. One GPU handles all the tonemapping and the other deals with compression. Not sure if FFMPEG support multiple process on different devices.

There are other Standalone Software that Supports Blackmagic like Adobe and Vegas. Along with there own DaVinci Resolve. If all else fails you could try those.

If External encoding is ever added to VD2 Capture mode. Allot more doors would open. You could pipe data through to other encoders.

I know it was said it was possible but, not sure if any kind of development has been done for that.

If I was familiar with C# I would help out the dev on VD2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhh11 View Post
as I said, I wanted to know the opinion of the doom9 expert and i have been busy lately so i didnt really use my card since i got it 3 months ago but now im back at it... sorry for posting my first test.

I'm using a decklink black magic card and the source is a UHD-BD played with my HTPC, my uhd player or my media player, it doesn't matter. the results are all the same. this one was done with the Nvidia shield (USB).
Blackmagic is famous for having buggy drivers and some of there devices are at the high end when comparing them to similar products. You do get full support of all there software and 3rd Support, Which is likely why the price is much higher.

The buggy Drivers is one of the reason why I avoided them when I upgraded my Capture System. Plus at the time starting price for the card was 1500 dollars vs another company(Exactly same features) for 800 dollars.

There Win7 drivers for Intensity series is a mess.
Revan654 is offline   Reply With Quote