View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2018, 03:22   #50342  |  Link
Asmodian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
5) If you enable the option "activate only if it comes for free", in older builds madVR used whatever quality was "higher". So basically if you used NGU High + RCA Very High (formerly known as RCA High), madVR actually "upgraded" NGU to Very High quality. This still happens if you have "activate only if it comes for free" disabled. But if you enable it, the new build now never changes NGU quality level, anymore. Instead NGU quality will stay exactly as you selected it, and RCA is simply added via fusion, regardless of which RCA quality level you've selected.
Much more straight forward and it seems ideal behavior, nice upgrade. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeperry View Post
I used to have the "activate only if free" RCA checkbox enabled so it would keep 1080p untouched and allow me to combo medium RCA + "very high" NGU, but this isn't an option anymore apparently? This new change has made the checkbox useless for me, I don't see why you won't allow us to change the RCA level if it's free-ish
I don't understand. If you are running NGU very high why would you want to run RCA medium? That would cost more performance than running RCA very high (for free) wouldn't it?

That option used to change the NGU level to match the RCA level or the RCA level to match the NGU level (whichever was higher), not allow you to run RCA for free at a different quality level.

Last edited by Asmodian; 23rd April 2018 at 07:00.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote