View Single Post
Old 4th March 2019, 13:12   #9  |  Link
Dyomich
Codec Analysis Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by excellentswordfight View Post
As benwaggoner touched as well, 20fps for the UHD-test seems to be a far to high target, especially if the test platform is a consumer grade CPU. Somewere in the 1-5fps range seem far more reasonable, or at least have two UHD tests with different speed targets.

I also dont really see the ripping and ultra ripping use cases. If these are "ripps" with basically unrestricted vbv limits and GOP settings, this is a consumer scenario, cause I cant see any professional use case for this, and if its a consumer scenario, I dont see any point in going for settings that has such a big speed penilty that they become irrelevent for everything except for academic purpose, cause I dont see a huge market for "ripping" FHD at <1fps.
Thank you for your comment on UHD fps, we are going to change it or add additional use case next year.
Well, there is a lot of participants every year who are interesting in participating only in "Ripping" nominations (you can check it in the reports). AV1 and VP9 are not an exception and I don't think we can say that they don't have a market
Dyomich is offline   Reply With Quote