View Single Post
Old 15th June 2017, 06:15   #24  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriNon View Post
What I have noticed is that there are three main different types of error that are detected.
The first type being where in some frames, most visible near lines, it seems like two frames have been overlaid but with a very slight offset, resulting in double lines running parallel. This is most often not very noticeable by eye.
The second type typically occurs during motion, and is where to some limited extent, the frame has elements of the frame before/after it overlaid upon it with.
The third type is the type that is shown in the sample I posted, which results in aliasing.
Do you want to post examples of the other types ? It's not entirely clear to me but it almost sounds like you're referring to field blending ? There might be other approaches you could try

(I guess I should have mentioned this too)
In our PM's , I mentioned the NTSC version probably being better, but the OP apparently has examined all versions including broadcasted versions and apparently they all have even worse issues...

But I want to emphasize when you are combining techniques (including some manual work), you want to have access to all material that you can. It can save lots of time when you are compositing repairs. A botched part of frame on the PAL version might be able to be masked out with a NTSC version and so forth.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote