Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2018, 02:58   #654  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhh11 View Post
ok so after a couple more tests, I cannot get the same colors as the source with those small yellow/orange flowers. Magicyuv, cineform, uncompressed, other players, MediaExpress: all the same. it's not an encoding issue because encoding the source directly with the same settings output proper colors
so unless im doing something wrong in Vdub (doubt it), i guess it's because the decklink mini 4k cannot do Bt2020 even if they say it can on the box. smh

Did you check x265 with lower crf or lossless ?

Because I suspect lack of Rec.2020 support won't cause those types of issues you're referring to . It looks more like a chroma subsampling or lossy CbCr (high quantization) issue in the screenshots (but that could just as easy be from x265). Take a look at the Cb or Cr plane (granted, I'm looking at an 8bit PNG, but you can see right away the problems) , you will see general blurriness and encoding artifacts . Small color details like those small flowers will be blurred away

eg.
#Your PNG
ConvertToYV24()
UtoY # or VtoY

So check lower crf or lossless x265 first, if problem still there go back 1 more step and look at direct capture (e.g magicyuv)
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote