View Single Post
Old 13th June 2018, 23:21   #6257  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
I'm curious about the "portable mode" in Megui.
I suppose this option will load the included avisynth.dll instead of the DLL that was installed in System32/SysWow64.

What about the plugins that were installed with Avisynth which are referenced in the registry? The only way I can see to avoid these being used is to have an explicit "LoadPlugin()" call for each plugin used in the script, right?
MeGUI does copy in portable mode in every needed folder (encoder directories and the MeGUI root) the needed avisynth.dll + others (devil, redist).

Based on the the avs calls in the exe files - as none of them specifies a path - will based on the default dll search order first search in the local directory before the system ones are searched. So e.g. MeGUI.exe does call avisynthwrapper.dll which will call avisynth.dll

I have added in 2860 the information to the log which module path is used to detect potential issues.

And yes, to avoid any issues with then not autoloaded plugin dlls, there will be LoadPlugin calls for each needed function placed / but only for the ones MeGUI is using so e.g. convertstacked.dll is not loaded. I suggest to use the addautoloaddir() command.

As AVS+ will check for the registry keys and load the system installed plugin DLLs, it may potentially try to load dlls which will break AVS+.Not sure if such DLLs exist.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote