View Single Post
Old 12th December 2018, 17:13   #51  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Far Manager, looks a lot like MC [EDIT: mc in linux] (Midnight Commander) on Linux (one of the first progs I D/L on linux install since the 90's).
Have down'ed it and will give a try.
I gave up on Xplorer2, find the [Pro Only] thing all over the menus somewhat irritating.

FreeManager, may have gotten a mention if it were not "x64 version for donators only", many others to try so that was its death knell.

Explorer++ is very good, but dropped down in my rank only because of 'no longer supported', although people seem to keep trying to fork it with
some kind of failed fork/compilation status. (I took copy of cpp source in case I ever wanna play with it).

What Q-DIR looks like:

EDIT: The many little boxes above top right pane are the "Panel count /Layout" rapid selection buttons, one of its best features I think,
no messing about resizing and that.

Search Progs,
FileSearchEX, ignored, simply because Win7+ only.

EffectiveFileSearch, down'ed and will give a try. (Watch out, I downloaded it about 20 times before I realized that it had completed successfully every time,
I thought I was having connection problems, but it was downing just so quick-and I was expecting jump to another web page).

SearchMyFiles (From NirSoft, one of their massive collection of utils):- https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/search_my_files.html
Looks like this

Is fast and good, all of his stuff is.

EDIT: I tried out ReactOs latest version, very disappointing, think less stable than previous version.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 4th March 2021 at 19:54.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote