View Single Post
Old 16th November 2013, 07:06   #18324  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
@ JDobbs

Hi. I selected Full Backup before importing 5 iPad 2 videos (720p). Only 2 show in the list, as I wrote about previously. After they were imported, all the AAC were converted to AC-3. I burned the PSEUDO from Imports....and same results as before. This time I set BD-RB to High-Speed Encode. Then burned the output project once the 5 file's video and audio were rerendered. Which means the Audio were rerendered twice, probably because I didn't check the settings in SETUP. Doh! Anyway, skipping that for now.. The 2 of 5 showing in the Full Backup list where rerendered to 1920x1080@29.97fps and without the "jerky" sound. The other 3 were left at original except for AAC to AC-3.

Note that I have Edit on in these tests.
Now switching to Movies & Menus and importing.

In the list all videos are set to be blanked except the menu. Unchecking them and having BD-RB preform a Backup.

That produced an output of all at 1080p@29.97fps and correct audio. I'll change audio setting in SETUP and see if that stops the rerendering..after clicking "Backup".

So, it looks like the bug I reported with Die Hard 4 is also part of the Import for Full Backup??
Is it possible only two showed in the list because of the IMPORT_THRESHOLD size? That's usually the case.

The second encode is necessary. The first one is simply part of the import in order to make it possible to put in BD format (AAC isn't allowed). The second encode (during the backup) is required to convert the audio to 48k sample rate. I wish I could do both in the AAC->AC3 conversion, but I couldn't find a parameter in FAAD or Aften that resamples -- and it has to be converted in order to continue the import.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th November 2013 at 07:09.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote