View Single Post
Old 12th January 2019, 21:59   #15  |  Link
zorr

Thanks for the name ideas guys! I agree that it shouldn't be a "synth", that's a category of its own and this little software doesn't deserve to be called that.

I think the "optimizer" should be part of the name since that's what it does. And what does it optimize? Well it doesn't optimize Avisynth or Vapoursynth so the original name is kinda wrong too. Lansing was closer with the "plugin" idea, but it really doesn't optimize plugins either. It optimizes scripts. So... ScriptOptimizer?

If we stick with original name format we could just replace AviSynth with something more general. It's just hard to come up with a word that would explain succinctly what it and Vapoursynth are... "frameserving tool for video manipulation"? Ok how about we take the common parts from both Avisynth and Vapoursynth and slap the optimizer in there as well. Something like XSynthOptimizer. Hey if I call it XXXSynthOptimizer it would crash the whole forum as there would be so much interest!

There's also another dilemma, where should I put the thread for this tool? I could make a new thread here for Vapoursynth related discussion and keep the original for Avisynth related things. Might be hard to know where to ask more general questions though.
zorr is offline   Reply With Quote