View Single Post
Old 5th November 2009, 08:33   #1066  |  Link
Flux

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
What do you think about to have a external txt file that contains the list of AVS Resizers? Or a win registry key?

Nope. AssumeFPS is not correct: it change the speed rate of the video footage, requiring audio speed-up. That's mean altering the clip.

Arguable. Inserting TextSub before Resize would cause subs to be resized as well, loosing the good resolution they have now. Any other users opinion?
I found resize setting from registry which seems to work. For those who are too afraid to touch registry could benefit from txt file or custom resize option.

Some prefer AssumeFPS for smoother playback. Just a thought, if you could give alternative option for frame rate conversion without using external program like audio editor.

Anamorphic DVDs have narrow image by default which will be widened to the correct aspect ratio. Now AVStoDVD puts hard-coded subtitles to that narrow image so subtitles will expand and look fat. Maybe I could use narrow font for subtitles to correct this, but then it again requires work outside AVStoDVD. Although I have noticed that subtitles look better, if source video has high resolution and vice versa.