View Single Post
Old 10th July 2012, 16:40   #18  |  Link
TheSkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowknight26 View Post
Why don't you let x264 do the conversion from PC to TV levels, skipping the AviSynth step entirely? Simply add --range tv to your x264 command line.
Correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I know x264 never converts the range, it just *flags* the video accordingly. Which is something I would stay away from when it comes to uploading that video to YouTube...

Bloax, so what is this fuss all about? It has been metioned here and elsewhere that Legarith compresses best but at the same time it is one of the slowest lossless codecs out there.

I just think that Ut Video Codec is a good option if you consider that, for many people at least, it is more than twice as fast especially for decoding while the file sizes are not that much bigger... That's the whole point. If you're after the smallest file sizes then yes, Legarith gives somewhat smaller files.

I myself have used Legarith extensively until I came across Ut and found it vastly superiour for it's speed. If you have enough space to deal with lossless videos an increase of a few percent in file size is not dramatic I suppose.

Last edited by TheSkiller; 10th July 2012 at 16:43.
TheSkiller is offline   Reply With Quote