View Single Post
Old 16th June 2022, 21:25   #136  |  Link
DTL

"can you tell me why my script crashes? "

That was not good debugged build and real far outside frame motion vectors may cause crash. So the first test was with not-noised colourbars and larger padding of 16 to save from crash better. Though it was not very good test because not-noised colourbars should produce zero motion vectors and sub-sample shifting is not used so speed may be better. Though the test shows significant difference in speed even in with static colourbars (may be 4K pel=4 super shifted planes creation with old method pelrefine=true also loads CPU/memory a lot too).

Here is possibly better protected from that crash version so should run with real content with default padding of 8 -
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oIy...ew?usp=sharing

"PelRefine=true & UseSubShift=0 uses 5908MB
PelRefine=false & UseSubShift=1 uses 3731MB"

What was the real frame size and threads number ? Can you adjust Prefetch() to match your CPU cores number ? What is the fps difference ?

"Not full "4K", cropped to 1600 pixels in height,"

If you do not have full-frame 4K source you can put simple fast resize like BilinearResize(3840,2160) before degraining.

"Here is the sample"

I test with your source file sample and FFMS2 source with a full script:
Code:
LoadPlugin("mvtools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("ffms2.dll")

function EZdenoise(clip Input, int "thSAD", int "thSADC", int "TR", int "BLKSize", int "Overlap", int "Pel")
{
thSAD = default(thSAD, 150)
thSADC = default(thSADC, thSAD)
TR = default(TR, 12)
BLKSize = default(BLKSize, 8)
Overlap = default(Overlap, 0)
Pel = default(Pel, 4)

Super = Input.MSuper(Pel=Pel, Chroma=true, Levels=1, PelRefine=false)
Multi_Vector = Super.MAnalyse(Multi=true, Delta=TR, BLKSize=BLKSize, Overlap=Overlap, Chroma=false, Levels=1, optSearchOption=5, optPredictorType=0)

Input.MDegrainN(Super, Multi_Vector, TR, thSAD=thSAD, thSAD2=int(float(thSAD*0.9)), thSADC=thSADC, thSADC2=int(float(thSADC*0.9)), UseSubShift=1)
}

FFmpegSource2("sample.mkv")

ConvertBits(8)
ConvertToYV12()

EZdenoise(TR=12)

Prefetch(6)
At my CPU i5-9600K with 6 cores with 6 threads it run AVSmeter with about 5600M RAM and about 2.6 fps. Without crash (at least at first about 100 frames) with latest build. The total letterboxed frame size in a sample I see is 3840x2160 that is enough for test.
With pelrefine=true and UseSubShift=0 it looks start to swap taking about 10..11+ GB RAM and so fps drops to about 0.3.

It looks with filesource filter and some simple intermediate like convertbits and converttoyv12 the used RAM for AVS+ caching difference is even smaller. Though still reach about 2x.

I also tried to play with combination of SetCacheMode(1) and different Prefetch(6,N):

With lowest possible Prefetch(6,1) and pelrefine=true usesubshift=0 I got RAM usage about stable 8400M but still low fps about 0.3.

With Prefetch(6,2) and pelrefine=false usesubshift=1 RAM usage is about 4700M and speed about 1.2 fps.
With not-defined N in Prefetch(6,N) the RAM usage is just a bit higher about 5200M and speed quickly reach 2.5+ fps.

Last edited by DTL; 16th June 2022 at 22:14. Reason: corrected link to new build version
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote