View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2009, 22:05   #918  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
For interlaced sources shouldn't it be "Video = Video.ConvertToYV12 (interlaced=true)" instead of "Video = Video.ConvertToYV12"?
You are correct. And update is simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
Adding Borders and resizing shouldn't be necessary (Video = Video.AddBorders(24,0,24,0)
Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,576)) as it's already correct size. Maybe it's adjusted because the pixelratio 720:576 is 5:4 and the aspectratio should be 4:3. If I feed my DVD recorder (Panasonic DMR E65) with DV (via Firewire, digital copy) there's no adding of borders/resizing. Same with commercial DVD authoring program (Sonic DVDit).
Your explanation goes in the right way: if DAR is 1.25 then AddBorders is added. Unfortunately many DV files have a wrong DAR flag (instead of 1.333/1.778 they have 1.25) or no flag at all. But, generally speaking, I have to trust what MediaInfo reads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjake View Post
When trying to use the preview window for the Menu editing Function, I get an Error 445 Object doesn't support this action message. Any suggestions on how to fix this.
Do you get the same error by using the Preview Clip window from the main window?
Do you have a directshow compatible codec installed (like ffdshow)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toology View Post
I have a small feature request. In my case the only guaranteed non stuter way of converting 23.976 to PAL is a speedup to 25 fps. Could you add an option to do that for us that have pulldown issues? Thanks!
That's curious: in early AVStoDVD releases (up to 1.1.3) there was the possibilty to choose fps upsizing method (ChangeFPS, ConvertFPS or Pulldown), but I removed it because, theoretically speaking, the best way is Pulldown. Will go in ToDo list with low priority.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote