View Single Post
Old 10th August 2018, 13:45   #7  |  Link
MonoS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsdr View Post
If it's only a time shift you need, this also can be done in the container. If you're making an mkv, you can with mkvtoolnix for exemple, enter a timing shift for the subtitles. This is probably why you've never found a tool like this, because it can be done in another way. Of course, if your purpose is not an mkv, it's another story. And, also, the best way is indeed to shift the timing in the subtitles.
My problem was to cut the subtitle at different point, so with some gaps, and then merge them together, i tried with mkvmerge but the resulting subtitle had some issues with the timings, retiming the single part and then merging them resulted in a perfect stream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
The trouble with each and every such PGS subtitle tools is that all of their authors are assaulted by hoards of people asking him to add more and more functions having little to do with the initial functionality - in this case to be able to process SRT, or ASS or whatever TXT based ones. It's what I call The Office Syndrome.
It is so difficult to find one PGS processing software, when all the developers are caught in endless discussions concerning exemplia gratia the dash before the second line of subtitles which should not appear in Hindu language, or whether the space before the question mark should be there or not.
If i will ever add other functionality to this tool would be the ability to cut or change framerate that i expect to not be *THAT DIFFICULT*
MonoS is offline   Reply With Quote