View Single Post
Old 20th July 2018, 16:21   #51776  |  Link
brazen1

I too get the black screen while audio is playing for a few seconds. FSE vs windowed makes no difference. (Sometimes video playback is started and I can see it and then it flashes again. I don't what is occurring during the 'next' black screen flash) I turned off 'launch files in fullscreen' in MPC-HC so I could determine if the entire panel was going black or just the player. It's not just the player. The entire panel goes black. It's happening during automatic refresh rate change. Once the change is made, the video displays but not until then. This seems perfectly normal to me. What needs to happen is for the player to delay playback until the rate change is completed. I suppose different displays take different timing for the rate change but I'd guess about 4 seconds would cover most if not all. Switching into modes like 3D or HDR may add even more time on top of the rate change. We should also take into account the order in which software is deployed. If the player was last in line, it would give madVR a head start to fulfill its refresh rate command before playback started. (this is why controlling refresh rate switch from madVR is more efficient than letting the player control it) Maybe an additional command in madVR to 'delay video playback'. But madVR might be dependent on the player before it can execute anything? Ultimately, a setting in the player to 'delay video playback' for x amount of m/secs might be the best cure? Undoubtedly, that is not going to be adopted. Any ideas how to stall the player until refresh rate and mode changes have occurred?

I've already tried switch to matching display mode when it goes fullscreen or when video starts. That makes no difference fwiw. Also, you may have noticed it takes a few seconds AFTER playback to return to original resolution and rate. Lastly, delay switch to exclusive mode helps a bit but I remember in the past it was problematic with something specific in my usage and I'm too old to remember exactly what it was. Trying it again until I realize what that was. Delay start until queue is full doesn't seem to help either. As a matter of fact, it's completely broken for me. Player starts paused and pressing play does nothing. Could be it's not harmonious with some other setting I have someplace though? No idea. I'm using 385.28 GPU driver, W10 1803, and latest madVR, LAV Filters, and MPC-HC fwiw. ISO vs MKV makes no difference either. Of interest, FAB Player and PDVD start audio and video simultaneous after rate change.

Last edited by brazen1; 20th July 2018 at 16:50.
brazen1 is offline   Reply With Quote