View Single Post
Old 9th April 2009, 14:20   #47  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post

madVR getting united with MPC HC is not in the cards, because I want madVR to be media player independent. You know, although personally I'm using MPC HC for now, some people prefer ZoomPlayer.

But as explained in the first few posts of this thread, I'm planning to work on motion smoothness.

--------------------

Can I get some specific feedback, please? I'm especially interested in playback smoothness? Do you guys get stuttering with madVR? Or is your graphics card fast enough? How smooth or non-smooth is motion display for you currently? Especially if you set display refresh rate to 1:1 match with the source frame rate? Are the Beliyaal special builds a lot smoother for you, or only slightly so? Thanks!

I'm one of those who prefer Zoom Player, but Beliyaal's MPC HC builds are definitely smoother for me. It's enough to make me jump ship (but I am getting a glitch about once per hour).

With Beliyaal's build the Reclock tearing test line has less "micro" judder than Haali Renderer in ZP.

My setup:

Q6600
HD2600XT
Vista32
CRT monitor/projector running 1920x1080 interlaced at 95.904hz exactly.
CoreAVC for AVC
FFdshow using WMV9 decoder for VC-1
(Therefore no DXVA...ever!!)
Ffdshow doing RGB HQ for Haali Renderer
Reclock
Madflac for Flac (of course )

With MadVR I get slight stutters and tearing. The tearing is odd, there are about 5 little tears, rather than the more normal big single tear towards the top of the screen (I get that with EVR back on XP).

If you can get it as smooth as Beliyaal's MPC builds, I'll be as happy as a pig in poo. It really sets the standard.
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote