View Single Post
Old 14th July 2015, 06:02   #31779  |  Link
MistahBonzai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
The problem with FineSharp is still present for me, even after a reboot. Its performance is gimped.

I was able to run the improved SuperRes without presentation glitches by lowering dithering from Error Diffusion 2 to Ordered. Disappointing but worth it.

All of the sharpening added to the image has gotten me away from a natural image in some ways, but I'm impressed that detail enhancement can be done in madVR with little to no increase in noticeable artifacts. The program is evolving to cater to many tastes in image quality.
Sorry to hear that I've been beating the crap outta my set-up and not a Presentation Glitch in sight. In fact it's never been better. Running a desktop with i7-3770 3.4Ghz (liquid cooled but stock clock), 16GB 1600 RAM, AMD HD-7850, good cooling and 512GB SSD 'C' drive with Windows 7 64-bit.

Along with MadVR/XySubFilter/LAV/AC3 I run SVP/AVS+ and NNEDI3 via Avisynth scripts in ffdshow raw video filter - all the latest versions. That way it's possible to split the load across GPC/CPU and stretch MadVR a bit further. Ideally I shoot for 50% CPU and 50%GPU.

MadVR looks like this (for now):

[]processing
  1. reduce banding artifacts (medium and high)
  2. image enhancements - FineSharp (.5)
[]scaling algorithms
  1. Chroma upscaling (Bilateral)
  2. image downscaling (Catmull-ROM)
  3. image upscaling (Lanczos 3 taps with anti-ringing)
  4. upscaling refinement (AdaptiveSharpen (0.3))

[]rendering
  1. general settings (everything checked excepting windowed overlay and disable desktop composition)
  2. smooth motion (only if...)
  3. dithering (Ordered Dithering with colored noise and change every frame)

[]trade quality for performance
  1. no DXVA (cuz I have AMD and I always use software)
  2. don't analyze gradient...
  3. don't render with fade in/out (this one is kinda strange sometimes when I encounter reported (but not observed) dropped frames when only panning a still image in a video - it all depends...)

It's gotten to the point where I wanna run my photo collection in MadVR as my 'screen saver' rather than Picasa. I don't think there is an end to it

Last edited by MistahBonzai; 14th July 2015 at 06:08.
MistahBonzai is offline   Reply With Quote