View Single Post
Old 4th March 2021, 19:46   #61322  |  Link
mclingo

ah right, things pretty stable here over on the RED team but i've been experimenting with some different settings in general, i'm now running everything in 8 bit and tone mapping to SDR, i'm also now using smooth motion, i forced myself to use it for a few a week to see if I could get used to it and I did, I get a much smoother pan shots with this on, my TV has some issues with stuttering when using motion settings on my LG OLED EF950 when playing some HDR movies and episodes which i've not been a ble to defeat, I just dont think this TV has enough processing power to do HDR movies with some TRUMOTION turned on as it only happens at 2160p, with MADVR smooth motion on everything plays perfectly and it has the added advantage of not having any delays starting whilst it refresh rate matches.

I've also been able to get 3D without FSE for a while now too so I dont use that anymore, things are pretty good on the RED side at the moment for HTPC playback.