View Single Post
Old 6th December 2009, 14:08   #20  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by j8ee View Post
edit: Hmm, disabling mb-tree isn't saved in a profile. It's checked when I load the profile again, and looking at the xml it says <NoMBTree>false</NoMBTree>.
edit 2: Correction - as far as I can see, none of my settings are saved at all. The changed settings are for ipod compliance: --profile baseline --level 3 --crf 20.0 --thread-input --ref 2 --vbv-bufsize 10000 --vbv-maxrate 10000 --no-mbtree --me umh --partitions p8x8,b8x8,i4x4 (which I think is the default, but I'm not quite sure)

edit 3: OK... it seems like loading the profile manually in the drop down menu in the config dialog brings up the correct commandline. I haven't made any test encodes to see if it's actually used yet, but I'll do that soon. Still, that the cabac checkbox does nothing makes me a little suspicious.
Both problems have been fixed (at least partially). Please try the new build and post again if any problem arise.
Cabac does nothing because in baseline profile it is already disabled. Please have a look at http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Settings. If you find other settings which does not match with the GUI feel free to address them here.

Last edited by Zathor; 6th December 2009 at 14:11.
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote