View Single Post
Old 6th April 2021, 22:12   #22  |  Link
kpic

Found a limitation;

So my 4k test title is fine, I even put it on a BD-DL disc and tested on my Oppo 203 and it read it fine with the added-in sub tracks no issue.

Currently it has a 4.0 & 2.0 DTS track I wanted to add my DTS-HD 7.1 audio track to it. So I did it all over again this time muxing in that 7.1 audio track, ran through BDRB and it played fine on my software player. So fire up BDedit to 'add' in the audio track the same way I did the sub track; this time I went to the 'AU' entry under 'Playlist' tab and added in my audio track using the '+' button and changed the language to 'JPN', I also had to adjust the stream number (1102) to match what was in the clipinf tab, select 'save' and done.

So sent this revised version to my software player and it did indeed read the extra audio track but it showed up as 'DTS'HD 5.1' instead of '7.1' - This is not a limitation of my software players it does recognize '7.1' tracks - In BDEdit I had selected the 'DTS-HD XLL' entry so I assume it is correct for that? Well anyway it is the 7.1 track that is in the stream but it indicates '5.1'. I'm not sure if I made a wrong selection in there somewhere as there were other options such as 'DTS', 'DD' and a few others so maybe I picked the wrong one, or maybe this is a limitation of BDedit?

I found out something else while I was trying all this; if you are in the 'Playlist' tab and finish making the changes and select the 'apply to clpi' button it does change the entries under the 'clipinf' tab but it also broke whatever BDRB fixed, I assume this is because BDedit wrote over my 'fixed' clipinfo file from BDRB, I don't recall if I did that for the subtitle entries or not so whatever you do do not select the 'apply to clpi' button you see under that tab as I'm pretty sure you'll be running it through BDRB again for a fixed version.
kpic is offline   Reply With Quote