View Single Post
Old 9th April 2021, 06:27   #44  |  Link
Neiromaster
Neiromaster

An interface that uses standard threads does not allow you to rewind the thread to the beginning of the file. Therefore, when you use it, you cannot specify multiple passes with a single key.

Use multiple program launches
C:\>ffmpeg -i z:\space_6s.mkv -f yuv4mpegpipe - | sif1_enc.exe --avi_outp --comp_mode=vbr_1_p --first_pass_mode=medium --vbr_stat_f=z:\sif_stat.sta --viz_dist=45 -o z:\test.avi

C:\>ffmpeg -i z:\space_6s.mkv -f yuv4mpegpipe - | sif1_enc.exe --avi_outp --comp_mode=vbr_2_p --first_pass_mode=medium --vbr_stat_f=z:\sif_stat.sta --out_bitrt=1200 -o z:\test.avi

Setting the VD value on the first pass affects the quality obtained on the second pass.

The DirectShow decoder uses a 10 bit p010 format, which causes a number of problems with programs that do not understand it.

Some problems with this were fixed and the DirectShow decoder was updated without increasing the version number.

On the other hand, native support for decoding the format in FFMPEG, VLC is needed.
To do this, need to open the decoder code under the GPL or BSD license.
I am not the sole owner of SIF Codec LLC and such a solution requires coordination of different interests. This is a goal in the near future.
Neiromaster is offline   Reply With Quote