View Single Post
Old 9th April 2021, 17:31   #1033  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

MKVToolNix v56.1.0 released

Hello again,

unfortunately the release I've done only four days ago contains a nasty bug in the HEVC/H.265 code, and people are hitting it in droves. Therefore I'm releasing a fix for that today.

Here are the usual links: the MKVToolNix home page, the Windows installer/portable version & macOS DMG & Linux AppImage and the source code.

The Windows and macOS binaries as well as the Linux AppImage are available already. The other Linux binaries are still being built and will be available over the course of the next couple of hours.

Here are the NEWS since the previous release:

Version 56.1.0 "My Friend" 2021-04-09
New features and enhancements
  • mkvmerge: AAC: added support for LOAS/LATM files with channel configuration indexes 9–21 (e.g. channel count 22.2 for index 13) according to Rec. ITU-R BS.1196-7 & ISO/IEC 23008-3:2019. Fixes #3081.

Bug fixes
  • mkvmerge: HEVC/H.265 parser: fixed invalid memory access that could happen when reading certain types of HEVC data (e.g. with changing parameter sets mid-stream) from certain containers (e.g. Matroska). This bug was introduced in release 56.0.0. Fixes #3083.
  • mkvextract: AAC: mkvextract will now abort with an useful error message when the user tries to extract a track whose 'audio-specific config' element in "CodecPrivate" signals a number of channels of 7 or greater than 8 as that isn't supported by the ADTS format.

Build system changes
  • configure: the "--enable-ubsan" option hasn't actually enabled anything since release 39.0.0.

Have fun

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is online now   Reply With Quote