Thread: Repair *.MKV
View Single Post
Old 5th November 2005, 11:10   #5  |  Link
kdm

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanV
?
if you actually told us what your problem was, someone might be able to help you.
Cars and videos... well... sorry for bad english:
I have a video into mkv container with 2 audio tracks & 3 subtitles (ass,txt,vobsub) total length 24 min, at 13:xx min mkv was damaged. BSPlayer/WMP plays ALL 24min without damaged ~10sec. I'm tried cut off the bad part in vdubmod... but vdubmod can't open mkv with vobsub subtitles... too bad... I'm used hiew and replace S_VOBSUB with S_TEXT/... vdubmod can open this "patched" mkv... but, only first 13:xx minutes available. I'm try mkvtoolnix to create mkv without "not needed" (maybe damaged) tracks, but this tool display ~500 errors and stops without any result. AviMux don't says anything and create a video 13:xx length... I'm think if SOMETHING played almost properly => it can be repaired... If I only can extract subtitles it will be good enough... but extract operations is possible for first 13:xx min only... This is not my first bad mkv, I see too many of damaged mkv-s and repaired/disassembled them without any big problems. Vdubmod helps me a lot (And only vdubmod!, MKVExtract (1.5.x-1.6.0) from MKVToolNix have many bugs and not good with some mkv-s).

Last edited by kdm; 6th November 2005 at 07:37.
kdm is offline   Reply With Quote