View Single Post
Old 13th March 2014, 23:53   #19563  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It was likely an interlaced VC-1 file and you are using DirectshowSource(). Normally the viewer will simply open the M2TS directly and play back the source. But there are some VC-1 sources that DirectshowSource() can't handle directly from within an M2TS. In that case the only way to view them is to extract them, create an MKV, and play the MKV.

So I guess what I'm saying is that it isn't a bug, it's a feature. The only other alternative is to say "I can't view this". So it's an annoying feature -- but one that is necessary.

As for the encoding issue -- I'd have to know more. How long did you let it run? What mode was it in? Have you tried more than one mode (DirectshowSource & LAVF)?

I am using 1-pass CRF. When I saw that BD-RB had started an infinite encoding process right then I stopped it. (The time I let the program running could take just a few minutes). I have tried both DirectshowSource and LAVF...and the results of how the encoding has started were different:

Using DirectShowSource BD-RB tells after extracting the streams: Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), Rate/Length: 23,976fps, 1 frame for the source, started reencoding with two-pass method inspite of that I am in CRF mode (I think due to the small frame number), but the frame number in the last information row directly under the overall progress bar seems to be correct: 76321. ETA: seems to be correct here.

Using LAVF BD-RB tells after extracting the streams: Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), Rate/Length: 23,976fps, 1 frame for the source, started reencoding with two-pass method inspite of that I am in CRF mode (I think due to the small frame number), and the frame number in the last information row directly under the overall progress bar seems not to be correct and equal to 1 as it counted firstly.
Furthermore, with LAVF BD-RB seems to be getting into an infinite encoding cycle. This can be read after "Frames:" under the overall progress bar "frame number here keep growing during encoding/000001". And one more thing to mention here: it cannot be read clearly, but it seems that the percentage values close to the current and overall progress bars keep growing as well. I read at the ETA: 00:-09:-
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote