View Single Post
Old 19th September 2017, 10:53   #24  |  Link
hello_hello

Wow LemMotlow, you certainly managed to confabulate whole array of strawman arguments for your last past.

So let me get this straight. If I crop the borders from a DVD video and re-encode it, I'm reducing the quality in a way that wouldn't happen if I encoded it while leaving the borders uncropped, or if I added back the borders for an industry standard resolution? Is that what you're saying, because in the context of this thread I'm not seeing what else you could be implying and it seems pretty silly.

For the record, I invariably spend a bit of time playing around with filtering when encoding and I'm disappointed if the encode doesn't look at least as good as the source. Often the encoded version ends up looking a little better, especially when encoding DVDs (thanks to better IVTC/de-interlacing or noise removal etc), so save your childish iphone quality comments for a post where your arguments don't require any substance.

By the way, I never mentioned my grandmother, or anything about iphone quality, so maybe before your next round of insults you could try reading my post properly.

It's pretty simple. Virtually no playback methods today, aside from DVD/Bluray complaint discs, require "industry standard" resolutions and that has absolutely zero to do with quality, only the resolution and need for black borders, although I'm sure an iphone today would cope with bitrates well in excess of Bluray complaint bitrates anyway.

Last edited by hello_hello; 19th September 2017 at 11:04.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote