View Single Post
Old 16th March 2014, 05:00   #51  |  Link
hello_hello

A couple more thoughts....

The way it appears to work when extracting audio streams, as best as I can tell, is selecting "tracks" as the extraction option and selecting "tracks and timecodes" do exactly the same thing, only when "tracks" is selected the timecodes are deleted after they're extracted. Maybe it's something to do with determining any audio delay, but when extracting audio from large MKV files it slows the process down quite a bit. I have two RAID-0 volumes in this PC and I usually try to put the source file on one while extracting to the other in order to make the process less time consuming (one reason I prefer to use a default output location) so when the extraction process appeared to be taking longer than it should have I had a look to see if I could work out why. I hadn't noticed the timecodes were also being extracted until then.

Also, the "lock" setting for the output location doesn't seem to survive a restart of the GUI which makes it far less useful, given the output location still needs to be set every time the program is used.

Cheers.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote