View Single Post
Old 17th August 2014, 15:16   #2  |  Link
TheSkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephe View Post
QUESTION ONE:
What I would like to know is why is it that I have to tick the box named
"Source Picture Letterboxed" to the right of Video: 4:3 in Domain Streams
Attributes when the source picture is in fact *not* letterboxed?
It's not really clear from your descriptions (sorry), but I highly suspect your source is actually representing a 4:3 frame (letterboxed or not doesn't matter right now) but is incorrectly flagged as anamorphic 16:9.

That option "Source Picture Letterboxed" can only be ticked if "4:3" is selected, which would flag the domain as being a 4:3 frame which would fix the error.
However, you actually also have to patch the aspect ratio in the MPEG stream (inside the VOBs) to make things compliant.

You should find that as long as 4:3 is marked, having the "Source Picture Letterboxed" checkbox ticked or not will result in absolutely no difference for PC playback.

If I was you I would demultiplex everything off your TV capture DVD, patch it, multiplex it with Muxman and then use PgcEdit to import it into your new DVD. You can add a new menu button to access the new content and edit the commands of the main movie to skip to it after the last chapter. To add a new button visually you would have to edit the menu's background in an image editing program.

Regarding the blue screens, the only thing I consider plausible is hardware failure (DVD drive or it's controller on the mainboard) or a connector problem.

Last edited by TheSkiller; 17th August 2014 at 15:32.
TheSkiller is offline   Reply With Quote