View Single Post
Old 25th May 2013, 02:38   #17304  |  Link
dfsooner

Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Not sure I understand completely what you're asking. Subtitles in SBS 3D have to be repeated in each of the two split windows. When BD-RB processed them it resizes and repositions them during the rebuild. They aren't larger -- when viewing they will be exactly the same size as the originals. You wouldn't be able to mux in other subtitles -- because they haven't been processed and when you attempt 3D playback they will be a mess (spread across the screen as you mentioned).

If you want to add other subtitles, you have to do it before BD-RB processes the source, so they can be properly resized and repositioned for 3D. You don't have to mux them into the SSIF, only the M2TS file(s).

Now, in this discussion I'm talking about a BD source. But you mention a pseudo-BD. Are you trying to add the subtitles to a source that is already split screen from an MKV? If so, I don't think that can be done right now -- but I'll look at it. I already have the code -- I'd just have to find a way to process the SUP (or are these text subtitles?).
I started with .srt and converted them to .sup with 3Dsubtitler.

By pseudo-BD I mean the Blu-ray structure you create (contains a "PSEUDO" subfolder) before you extract the video, audio, and subtitle tracks and create the mkv. It does not contain ssif files so is it too late at that point to add subtitles? I also have a couple of SBS 3D mkv files I would like to add subtitles to and then import into BDRB, then recreate the mkv but it sounds like that probably won't work.

Last edited by dfsooner; 25th May 2013 at 02:43.
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote