View Single Post
Old 17th August 2018, 14:13   #27649  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
Please, please, please... something needs to be done about the create menu problem. No other programs have issues on this new box. BDRB only has an issue with building the 2nd menu.

It works just fine when run on XP-64.

I wonder if it is some kind of race issue that BDRB is tripping up with Win7-64.

Suggestion that will hopefully fix the problem and actually speed up the creation of menus: When the background is encoded, save it for all of the menus. After doing menu #1, use that encoding for creation of all other menu structures. Since the menu background has to be the same for all menu pages, no need to keep encoding.

But it's only happening to you, which makes me think the problem isn't in BD-RB. I use menu creation under Win10 almost every day in my quest to move all my DVD series discs to BD. It has never happened to me once. Trying to fix something that I can't repeat is almost impossible.

A race issue is probably a good guess. I could probably put a hidden variable in that creates a "wait" state between menus. But that's likely little more than howling at the moon without a better idea of the cause.

I encode each of the menus separately because the plan is to, at some point, enable the ability to use a different menu background for each page. It only takes a few minutes. It's another of those "wish list" items that has been around for a while. I did, by the way, add the ability to use motion video rather than a fixed picture as the background to the next release. That's one item crossed off the list.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th August 2018 at 14:28.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote