View Single Post
Old 20th October 2018, 10:58   #72  |  Link
-QfG-
QfG Group Germany

First, this an awesome filter for avisynth, and second , sorry for my bad english, i'm German . Ok i have a small Problem, i will show it here. I post the previe pictures in previemode, click for fullsize...

Beginning, this is the picture with MPC-BE madVR 150 Nits. I will this result in my target file:

Original 4K with madVR 150 Nits @1080p

Try with HLG
Code:
Exposure=2
Whitescale=11.2
ConvertYUVtoXYZ(Color=0, OutputMode=0, HDRMode=2, fullrange=false)
ConvertXYZ_Hable_HDRtoSDR(exposure_X=Exposure, exposure_Y=Exposure, exposure_Z=Exposure, whitescale_X=Whitescale, whitescale_Y=Whitescale, whitescale_Z=Whitescale)
ConvertXYZtoYUV(pColor=0, OutputMode=2)

Ok i like the Details of the HLG , but the problem is, where are my Colors? I need more Colors...

Try with PQ
Code:
Exposure=2
Whitescale=66
ConvertYUVtoXYZ(Color=0, OutputMode=0, HDRMode=0, fullrange=false)
ConvertXYZ_Hable_HDRtoSDR(exposure_X=Exposure, exposure_Y=Exposure, exposure_Z=Exposure, whitescale_X=Whitescale, whitescale_Y=Whitescale, whitescale_Z=Whitescale)
ConvertXYZtoYUV(pColor=0, OutputMode=2)

The result with the standard whitescale=11.2 to dark. With Whitescale=66 the brightness and colors perfect, but too much white (show the skyline in the upper left corner).

Conclusion:

I need more colors in HLG, because i love this detailed picture. For PQ conversion i can use DGTonemap, this is ok. Is there any Solution for more colors and fewer brightness in HLG mode?

Last edited by -QfG-; 20th October 2018 at 11:01.
-QfG- is offline   Reply With Quote