View Single Post
Old 6th August 2018, 00:29   #27579  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
@Rich86

Well, I found the error. It appears it isn't related to BD-RB, but, instead, the source. It has nothing to do with the subtitles. It seems that an AC3 stream being multiplexed has an issue of some sort. Here is the error that MPLEX is kicking out (apparently at the very end of the stream):

Code:
**ERROR: [mplex.exe] Can't find next AC3 frame: @ 470303232 we have a03d - broken bit-stream?
I tried playing the resulting VOB output -- and it appears to be fine. The audio is all there up to the very end. So it must be an end-of-stream detection issue of some sort.

The really interesting part is that I seem to only get the error when I am using your settings! That kinda' defies the logic I see, and I think I'll need to reconfirm that by running the job with my settings again -- as when I used my settings I only kept one audio track. That brings up a final note. The settings you sent me couldn't be exactly what you used when you posted your log -- as this one is set to keep all audio streams (5 of them) and all subtitle streams while your log indicates it is keeping only one.

[Edit] It's the first audio track. The stream is defective. Choose to keep the second (DTS) English track instead. It will be converted to AC3 and will work fine.
Thanks for all your investigation.
Sticking with "Ready Player One" - I only kept the english audio (chose the 1st DTS-MA track & set it as the default) and 1st english subtitles. I believe it works fine if I do not include any subtitles, but I would have to test that again as it has been a while. I am out of town all this coming week, but will test using "Ready Player One" more when I am back home the week following & post with the correct setting log(s). I wonder why these work ok in multiAVCHD? It must not use mplex?

Last edited by Rich86; 6th August 2018 at 04:55.
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote