View Single Post
Old 1st April 2019, 00:10   #90  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

I tried to encode an 8K 12bit video on my Windows Server 2019, but it outputs:

Error: The internalBitDepth must not be greater than the bitDepthConstraint value

Which basically means that the profile I'm trying to use doesn't support such an high bit-depth.
Is there a 12bit profile that I can use or do I have to encode at 8bit/10bit only?
I ended up encoding at 10bit with a few tests, like:

Code:
ffmpeg.exe -i "\\VBOXSVR\Share_Windows_Linux\Production\AVS\test2.avs" -strict -1 -an -f yuv4mpegpipe -vf scale=7680:4320:in_color_matrix=bt709:in_range=limited:out_color_matrix=bt709:out_range=limited,format=yuv444p 111.yuv | vcc.exe -i 111.yuv -b "raw_video.vvc" -wdt 7680 -hgt 4320 --Profile=next --FrameRate=60000/1001 --InputBitDepth=12 --OutputBitDepth=10 --InternalBitDepth=10 --InputChromaFormat=444 --QP=8 --FramesToBeEncoded=5220 --GOPSize=1 --IntraPeriod=1 --ConformanceWindowMode=0 --SEIDecodedPictureHash=3 --CTUSize=32 --BitstreamFile=vvc.bitsteam

pause
Which parameters do I have to set to set Reframe equal to 4?
I tried with --GOPSize=2 --IntraPeriod=4 as Intra must be a multiple of the GOPSize, but it fails to encode.
Also --GOPSize=4 --IntraPeriod=-1 fails to encode.
If I manage to get it right, I'll share the encode at different --QP. The only bad thing is that it takes minutes (yes, minutes) to encode even a single frame on my home system and it's a faster (but still slow as hell) on my work machine. What speed do you usually get on your systems?

Last but not least, in case anyone needs this to encode SD/HD/FULL HD 8bit contents, here is VVCSoftware_VTM_V4.1.0 (Encoder and Decoder) for Windows XP x86: Link

Working example (Image): Link

The reason why I specified the resolution and the bit depth is only 'cause above FULL HD you'll end up using too much RAM and it's gonna crash. (Not that everyone wants to encode an 4K/8K on such a system).
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote