View Single Post
Old 6th February 2012, 19:07   #8  |  Link
bellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkiller View Post
Sounds about right yes, easySUP/goSUB would do steps 2) and 3) together. The actual conversion to bitmaps is done by avs2bdnxml (even if you use easySUP/goSUB) which needs the input ASS file to be "drawn" and served by AviSynth. Whatever you do, these tools require AviSynth to be installed, so it won't work on a Mac...
Thank you TheSkiller for the information. Tried easySUP instead of trying to work through the command line stuff for AviSynth and it worked really well. The only problem I had was getting the font sizing correct and tweaking some of the timings of the SRT--which was more for my benefit to tighten things up. In easySUP, I had to make the fonts so big that they nearly took up the preview window--this translated to normal size on my 1080 screen res. Oh and since I was using Parallels, technically I was still able to use my Mac.

Since the Mac version of Aegisub was still considered to be alpha-ish, I chose to use the Windows version. From there on it was same as usual. After getting a final SUP file, I moved it to the Mac side and used BDSup2Sub and then on to the rest of my established workflow.

I was able to use the correct font and set the desired font attributes, so the subs look almost identical to the blu-ray.

Thanks again for your help!
bellboy is offline   Reply With Quote