View Single Post
Old 7th January 2016, 17:21   #1  |  Link
mushahidh

Add FEC/ECC at the end of each frame

Hi experts,
I have encoded video using JM reference software. The H.264 file is encoded using RTP stream. Then using the same JM reference software i have applied rtp_loss on the encoded video. But now decoder is unable to decode video with rtp_loss applied. Now i want to add some Error correcting code or forward error correction code like Reed Solomon code at the frame or GOP level. My question is that, in JM reference software where in the encoder code i can stuff my redundant bits ? In image.c encode_one_frame (VideoParameters *p_Vid, InputParameters *p_Inp) is the function which is encoding one frame. but i am unable to get how and where to add redundant bits at the encoder end so that i would be able to recover packet loss during rtp_loss process.
Also what could be an alternates you can suggest to test SSIM using different redundany values? for example should i take in matlab h.264 as an input-> add some redundant bits-> apply packet loss -> recover packet loss and then decode using JM. This is a reference paper i am using http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/sta...number=5729366

Last edited by mushahidh; 8th January 2016 at 10:48.
mushahidh is offline   Reply With Quote