View Single Post
Old 10th January 2016, 14:23   #3  |  Link
mushahidh

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis View Post
If the data isn't H.264 data, then it should be placed in a custom SEI packet. You don't need to change the internals of the encoder for that, just the way you call them from lencod.c (probably by modifying the main loop in encode_sequence()) by adding the SEI after each frame. The SEI will be skipped by decoders that don't understand it, but available to those that do.
Thanks for your answer.The data is H.264 data with the OutFileMode set to 1 which means RTP not Annex. So in any case how much redundant bits could i add as a SEI message ? For example i divide the frame into 16 packets and add 2 more redundant packets for error recovery. Is it possible?

Quote:
Isn't FEC usually done at the RTP level, though?
I need your kind suggestion on this too. I wonder not even a single code snippet i have seen which is applying FEC at any level so that newbies can get help from it. So if i want to add FEC at RTP level what would be your suggestion?
Apply Encode file using JM as RTP add FEC inside JM apply rtp_loss and Decode it?
or Take H.264 file as an input in matlab apply FEC pass it through noisy channel Recover packet loss and decode using JM?
Thanks
mushahidh is offline   Reply With Quote