View Single Post
Old 25th January 2014, 12:57   #21764  |  Link
PixelH8

Nvidia user here. Let me start by saying that I do NOT have any black screen issues when using the OpenCL error diffusion instead of random dithering. Instead, I get swapped red and blue channels.
This happens on two systems I've tried the new main 0.87 build on.
The primary system has a GTX 560 Ti w/driver 306.97
The second system has a GTX 460 w/driver 310.90
Both are running Windows 7 64-bit with MPC-HC 1.7.1.220, LAV filters 0.59.1 and XySubFilter 3.1.0.546.

The swapped colors are easy to correct, as I simply use the ffdshow raw video filter's built-in avisynth module and add the line: "SwapUV" and voila, problem solved.
This was even easier since I was already using the ffdshow raw avisynth filter to decimate 29.97 fps video to 23.976 fps on-the-fly to eliminate that annoying judder on some old videos.

On average, toggling OpenCL error diffusion adds 10% GPU load to whatever the base load is. Though for me that's not an issue as the GTX 460 never reaches even 50% load with all the trade-quality-for-performance options disabled.

Never tried any of the NNEDI3 stuff as I see no need. Same with smooth motion conversion. That said, I really like the new deband filters. They work well.
PixelH8 is offline   Reply With Quote