View Single Post
Old 16th September 2010, 20:07   #9551  |  Link
colinhunt

Found something interesting when wrestling with the Euro release of Robin Hood. I had set BD-RB 0.34.9 to keep only two subtitle languages, A and B. The disc contains two subtitle tracks of A and one of B. Doing a movie-only backup I first checked that all subs except A and B had been disabled by BD-RB. I then tagged B as DEFAULT, i.e. it should be displayed automatically when playback starts. But when I play the output, I can see that subtitle language B is selected - but there are no subs on screen. Switching manually to 1st subtrack for language A displays subs just fine. Switching manually to subtrack B displays no subs.

Version 0.34.10 wasn't out when I decided to do one more test with 0.34.9. I went to BD-RB setup and tagged the ALL LANGUAGES box for subtitle languages to keep. When setting up the movie-only backup, I tagged language B as DEFAULT again. Lo and behold, when I tested the output, subs for language B were displayed properly and automatically. There might be a bug lurking somewhere in the "Subtitle languages to keep" code. Maybe, perhaps.

addendum: ran the movie-only backup last night with 0.34.10 set to keep only those two subtitle languages. It works exactly like 0.34.9 did, i.e. subs for language B are not displayed, automatically or at all.

Last edited by colinhunt; 17th September 2010 at 07:35.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote