View Single Post
Old 25th May 2010, 19:28   #8317  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I've done hundreds and hundreds of encodes of 720x480 sources and never, never, not even once did it accidentally convert to 720p. In fact -- I can't even imagine how it could be possible. I gotta' believe you had it checked, but didn't know you did at the time you encoded. But I'll take a look. Maybe the 1080p->720p confused it somehow.
After posting the message, I've done several conversions from the same disc (Saving Private Ryan disc 2) with v0.33.09, and they've all come out as 720p even though the source is 720x480. I'm sure I don't have the "Convert SD to HD" option enabled, but I do have the "1080p to 720p" ticked.

Quote:
Now that I think of it, uou mentioned "the MKV" -- are you doing an "ALTERNATE Output" movie conversion? If so, it would have been helpful to mention it -- and the checkboxes would have no impact at all, your output will be the size you selected in the ALTERATE output list.
I did mention it, right in the first sentence, "Did an alternate output run last night with 03307".

Yeah, I did notice that there were only two MKV output options, 1080p and 720p, but I sorta kinda thought it would use original resolution if that was lower than 720p and the "Convert SD to HD" was not enabled. Felt logical, you know?

Last edited by colinhunt; 25th May 2010 at 19:35.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote