View Single Post
Old 16th July 2015, 06:25   #732  |  Link
tartak

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofan3d View Post
ad 1.
I just quickly tested following AVS script:

Code:
LoadPlugin("c:\Prj\IntelMedia\_exe\x64\Release_v1.25\FRIMSource64.dll")

FILE3D="c:\Prj\IntelMedia\_testing\PANY.m2ts"

FRIMSource(codec="mvc", filename=FILE3D, filename_dep=FILE3D, container="ts", platform="sw", \
              layout="SBS", cache=24, reload=true, num_frames=350, log_file="c:\Prj\IntelMedia\_testing\Z1.log")
i.e. in SW mode - and without any issues.
Seems that something is wrong in your environment setting. (path or whatever)
As I indicated, the dll is in the path, in windows\system32. Anything else I could check on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofan3d View Post
ad 2. ad performance:
encoding is not fast, in SW mode it is slow.
And on my i7-4770K Haswell 3.50 GHz 16 GB RAM I have never achieved 80 fps in -hw mode. Far far below this!
I don't know where the above mentioned quote is coming from, neither what were the conditions for its measurement.
Please keep on mind that that also disk access (2x 3 MB per each frame) takes its cost. Working on SSD is visibly faster.
3 fps in Full HD3D in -u 1 might be realistic.
(You can check -u 7 and compare)
The quote is from the top of the thread on MVCEnc. In that thread, they gave a solution to the performance problem: activate Intel drivers by faking a display . Which I did and Intel Media SDK System Analyzer showed HW supported afterwards (before this procedure, it showed only SW was supported - even though FRIMSource was working only in HW mode!). Now, I am getting 40 fps at -u 1 (just slightly faster, 42 fps at -u 3)! The files are read from a fast enterprise-grade drive (file transfers are usually above 120 MB/s sustained) and written to a Samsung pro SSD - so the IO is fine.
I think I can do without SW working at this point. Nonetheless, I will try to do more tests, run dependency walker, etc.

PS. I have tried MVCenc on the same setup, with the same full HD3D, and got 60 fps, exactly as they claim. MVCEnc ran in HW mode and reported SW as unavailable.

Last edited by tartak; 16th July 2015 at 06:43. Reason: added test with MVCenc
tartak is offline   Reply With Quote