View Single Post
Old 18th July 2015, 20:40   #737  |  Link
tartak

Quote:
Originally Posted by videofan3d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nel-son View Post
i tested frimsource for the first time (windows 7 x64, avisynth 2.58 32-bit, frimsource 32-bit). i have this message in avspmod when i try to open the video.

Quote:
can't initialize intel media sdk session
this is the line i use. is there an error?

frimsource(codec="mvc", filename="name.264", filename_dep="name.mvc", layout="sbs", cache=24, num_frames=126240)
You have incorrectly installed core library libmfxsw32.dll.
Put it into directory which is in your %PATH%
I've finally figured this out. I have the same environment and the same problem. Many people complain of this on various forums.

I tried Dependency Walker to see if there are statically linked missing dll's. There was none (it did report a bunch of missing stump "api" dll's but this is a well known problem of the Walker itself). I checked the Media SDK documentation - "can't initialize intel media sdk session" seems as something that SDK Dispatcher would produce when it is unable to locate the software library. Then I tried the most direct way: I deleted all other instances of 32 and 64 bit libmfxsw library and placed both dlls into the same directory as Media SDK system analyzers. Both 32 and 64-bit analyzers reported the soft library as supported. Then I moved these two dll's into Windows\system32 (which is definitely and always in the %PATH%). This time, the 64-bit analyzer reported the library as supported but the 32-bit one - as not! The whole thing has become obvious - I had had it in the past. On a 64-bit system, Windows\System32 is reserved for 64-bit dll's, while 32-bit dll's are supposed to reside in SysWOW64. However, normally you will not have SysWOW64 in your path. When a 32-bit app seeks a library and tries to access System32 directory, it is redirected (by file system redirector) to SysWOW64 (unless it somehow triggers UAC). So, I moved libmfxsw32.dll to SysWOW64 and everything is fine now.

Bottom line: %PATH% is not what it seems on a 64-bit Windows. Put libmfxsw32.dll into Windows\SysWOW64.
tartak is offline   Reply With Quote