View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2018, 09:20   #1011  |  Link
SmilingWolf
I am maddo saientisto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo Maniac 64 View Post
I'd have you fight me IRL for dissing anything ufotable, but that evened out after you gave me a reason to install FSN again
(And for being on the first line in the works, thanks to y'all for what you do!)

Also, the pre-edit "the original visual novel from 2004" was just fine, I didn't choose FSN just because the clips look good

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosD View Post
I wonder how long is going to take for another 10 times improvement.
That's an interesting question.
The 0.1.0-9348 build is from April, so that's 146 days between the first and the last tested build. Now, of course these things don't really follow a linear time-optimization correlation, buuuuut I wonder where we'll be in another 4 months
Maybe they'll get cpu-used=4 on par (speed wise) with x265's placebo-and-then-slowed-down-some-more, using the no-wpp etc. etc. settings benwaggoner suggested a few pages ago, which in my limited testing came around at half aomenc's time a week or two ago.
Also rav1e might become a real game changer for av1 encoding in the same timeframe. I surely hope so.

And a small heads up, Video Dev Days have officially begun, and today they're going to showoff dav1d, their very own decoder!

Exciting times ahead!

Last edited by SmilingWolf; 22nd September 2018 at 10:06.
SmilingWolf is offline   Reply With Quote