View Single Post
Old 22nd November 2018, 12:45   #16316  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt123 View Post
Hi Atak, OK, so I did a fair bit of testing so I could give you as much info as I can, so here goes :-

I started an encode, and only had one server going, to make it a little easier to find in Process Hacker.

I suspended Encoder Client, and of course the encoding stopped immediately, after the allotted time (1 minute), it did NOT restart !

Once I got it going again, I then suspended Encoder Server, same result.

Then I suspended ffmpeg (that was in the Encoding Server "tree"), and that stopped the encoding, but it restarted in the allotted time

I then suspended x264.exe, same result as ffmpeg, test

Also, with Server suspended, the taskbar icon does not "Show", and that's what happens also, when it stall's on it's own, you can't access the properties of that particular stalled server to "see" what it's not doing.

So, maybe a resume command needs to be added for at least Encoding Server, if not Client as well.

Would this have any thing to do with the few comments I've made about the Job Queue not starting on the 1st startup of Ripbot ?? (which is equally annoying)

Hopefully, that's enough info for you, but I know you'll tell me if it's not

Cheers
I clearly said that /restart-if-no-progress switch will ONLY work for stalled ffmpeg.exe and x264.exe/x265.exe. EncodingServer.exe is constantly monitoring those processes. If you suspend EncodingServer.exe then how you expect this feature to work? The same with suspending EncodingClient.exe.
For suspended EncodingServer.exe you would need additional precess monitoring in the same way how EncodingServer.exe is monitoring own spawned processes.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 22nd November 2018 at 12:49.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote