View Single Post
Old 13th December 2019, 11:39   #572  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisachan View Post
Sounds a good idea to me. Since humans are bad at coming up with a random seed, it might be convenient if it accepts an arbitrary string, which is hashed internally. I'll explain this when I open an issue (not an issue, just a request though).
Easy enough to do; I can simply calculate an Adler 32-bit checksum over the argument and use the result as the seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisachan View Post
The current version of Header Editor lets me edit TrackUID, but it doesn't update Tag/Targets/TrackUID, so I'll get orphaned tags. Is this by design?
Hmm, I never considered that. Not sure what I'd call that (bug or intentional behavior). Both mkvpropedit & the header editor were meant to be low-level tools for the user to _quickly set fields to any value they want with the caveat that they must know what they're doing. Other fields face similar issues with changes: segment UID, next/previous segment UID might break file linking; changes to the default duration will change the interpretation of timestamps of laced frames; changing the track number will break all existing blocks.

I think changing the UIDs inside tags & chapters would be good, but the other things I listed won't be fixed.

Please open an issue for this, too. Thanks.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.
Mosu is offline   Reply With Quote