View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 13:35   #1060  |  Link
Mark_A_W
3 eyed CRT supporter

Ok, I just watched a movie.

I didn't check at the start, but at the end I have 54 dropped frames and 27 delayed frames.

Normally at startup I get less than 10 of each (3ish, usually it seems).

There were two or three very obvious big glitches, but it was otherwise smooth.
This is similar to Beliyaal's MPC EVR custom actually (not in exclusive fullscreen), but they were less drastic.

Reclock was in the filter path, but "disabled". I'll set Reclock to it's normal settings for the next movie, and the one after that I'll try disabled again.

My CPU is a Q6600 at 3hz, there's heaps of overhead - I'm only using 30% CPU. I do have my harddrives set to spin down after 25 mins, I'll disable that.

And Madshi, the screensaver/powersaver behaviour is odd. ZoomPlayer sitting doing nothing will disable windows screensaver/powersaving - it'll sit there forever with the monitors on. But playing with MadVR and the monitors turn off after 5 mins - which is instead of a screensaver for me, monitors turn off after 5 mins and it goes into standby after 15 mins.

And I have seen a few stutters which didn't cause the dropped frames or delayed frames numbers to change - while playing around just now.
Mark_A_W is offline   Reply With Quote