View Single Post
Old 15th January 2020, 09:21   #170  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdalacu View Post
Sorry but i can not reproduce your problem. So i can not help you. The app exited without an problem, cleanly, on 2 diffrent sistems Ubuntu with xfce and Kubuntu with kde.
An application can not survive an reboot. As jones1913 says, your desktop manager saves all the application in a list and reopens all that list after reboot. You have to find the setting and disable it.

Use this: System Settings->Startup and Shutdown->Desktop Session->On Login->Start with an empty session.
OK, so the reboot persistance issue is only further proof of the BUG in the QT version : the app only closes the window but doesn't exit).

Because:

a) The GTK version exists cleanly.

b) ALL of the other apps on my system, including KDE and QT apps exit cleanly (for example mkvtoolnix-gui is using QT, and others as well).

c) dmMediaConverter QT version is the ONLY app that remains running in the task manager process list AFTER exiting the app (the window closes properly).

(I have tried with versions kdeframework 5.65 and 5.66, qt 5.13 and 5.14)

Are you sure you can't see the app in the running process list, after the window has closed?

Perhaps this could be a bug with the Pascal QT bindings the QT version is using.

Thanks for the feedback.
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote