View Single Post
Old 26th October 2020, 20:33   #60440  |  Link
LordX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
I recommend not setting frames presented in advance above 3 so that is a great way to reduce memory usage.

Windows 10 doesn't seem to like too many frames presented in advance, it can cause un-reported (in madVR's UI) frame glitches/stutters.

Like SamuriHL suggested six or even lower GPU buffers works well on my system. This has the biggest impact on memory usage.
I changed my settings as follows:
CPU Que - down to 8 (does lowering this help with rendering timing?)
GPU que - down to 4
Windows Frames to Present ahead - 3

This definitely reduced the video ram. Just a little bit, but that was all I needed to keep myself from maxing out my video card's 4GB.

I was even able to get chroma back up to AA medium. Although my rendering time is skating the LIMIT at between 36 and 39ms. I did notice it 'steal' one of the read ahead frames a couple of times - but they did their job, and no lost frame. So far at least.

I know I can reduce the Chroma to LOW if needed, and that will shave those rendering times down to 33.

Speaking of which, I played a 25FPS 4k file (a planet earth II) - and just this little bit of extra FPS was enough to tip the scale. I HAD to lower chroma to low in order to watch that file.

Separate Question: Does LUMA upscaling only come into play when actually upscaling? Like watching 1080p on my 4k screen? I only ever see it in CTRL-J when I am watching 1080p content.
LordX2 is offline   Reply With Quote